Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Special Announcement!

So, in my last review, I mentioned that there was going to be a special announcement coming up, and the time has come for the reveal.  To be honest, there are two.

1.  I am going to continue with the full-length reviews that I am doing, but there are more than just the one album coming out weekly.  For those smaller albums, as well as albums that came out earlier in the year, I am going to start doing "Micro-reviews".  A paragraph or two with some general thoughts and a rating.  Not as in depth as the reviews I have been doing.  Some of the first reviews in this style will be Jeff Bridges self-titled as well as the new album from Sunny Sweeney.

2.  As many of my readers know, I am a big proponent of the social network, Google+.  Well, the network has a "Hangout" feature that provides a unique opportunity.  I am going to do a "Group Listening Party".  Nine people have the opportunity to join me in a webchat and participate in a review session as we listen to the album together, and share our thoughts, the transcript of which will be posted here.  More details to come, but I am happy to announce the album and weekend that this will debut.  The weekend of September 16-18 (Exact date and time is TBA) we will connect to review an album that has too much personal meaning for me to be objective: The re-release of Brantley Gilbert's "Halfway To Heaven" Album.  In conjunction with this, I will likely do a micro-review of the album, but the majority of it will take place in the Group Listening Party.

There are only nine spots available, so if I have more than nine people sign up, I will do a lottery to determine the nine who join me.  The only requirement is that you have a Google+ account and that you add me to your Circles so that I can invite you.  If you do not have one, you can get one, here.  Sign-ups should happen through Google+.  Let me know that you are interested.  Exact time and date will be forthcoming, as will rules for the chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment